About Me

Hi, my name is Jean Louise Finch, but everyone calls me Scout. I live in Maycomb County with my father Atticus and my brother Jem. Calpurnia watches us while Atticus goes to work; he's Maycomb's finest lawyer. Our mother died when I was real young. It was sad, but Jem remembers her better than I do. Dill is me and Jem's best friend. Dill and I are gonna get married some day. :) Jem, Dill, and I spend most of our time outside gettin' in to all kinds of trouble.

Me playing in the dirt in my front yard

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Death by Baton

4/06/1934
Today Jem lost his temper. He destroyed every single camellia bush that Mrs. Dubose had in her front yard. The reason Jem was so angry was because Mrs. Dubose said our father was no better than the Negros and trash that he defended. He went absolutely mad. When he was finished destroying Mrs. Dubose's flowers, he yanked me by the hair and said he would do it again if he got the chance. I can't say I blame him because if I hadn't been under Atticus's instructions to not fight I probably would have done the exact same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment