About Me

Hi, my name is Jean Louise Finch, but everyone calls me Scout. I live in Maycomb County with my father Atticus and my brother Jem. Calpurnia watches us while Atticus goes to work; he's Maycomb's finest lawyer. Our mother died when I was real young. It was sad, but Jem remembers her better than I do. Dill is me and Jem's best friend. Dill and I are gonna get married some day. :) Jem, Dill, and I spend most of our time outside gettin' in to all kinds of trouble.

Me playing in the dirt in my front yard

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Summer Romance

6/20/1934
Dill didn't come to Maycomb County this summer like he usually does.  He wrote me a letter explaining that he was staying in Meridian with his new father, and they plan to build a fishing boat.  He seems like a nice enough guy; he's a lawyer like Atticus, but much younger.  He promised me that once he got enough money he would come and marry me.  I have to say that I'm really going to miss him this summer.  Summer just won't be the same without him. This is the most miserable I've ever felt.      

No comments:

Post a Comment