About Me

Hi, my name is Jean Louise Finch, but everyone calls me Scout. I live in Maycomb County with my father Atticus and my brother Jem. Calpurnia watches us while Atticus goes to work; he's Maycomb's finest lawyer. Our mother died when I was real young. It was sad, but Jem remembers her better than I do. Dill is me and Jem's best friend. Dill and I are gonna get married some day. :) Jem, Dill, and I spend most of our time outside gettin' in to all kinds of trouble.

Me playing in the dirt in my front yard

Sunday, May 15, 2011

A Shot to the Grave

8/23/1934
During Aunt Alexandra's Missionary Society. Atticus unexpectedly walked in. It was strange because he usually stays out late when Aunt Alexandra has these meetings. Aunt Alexandra and I followed him into the kitchen where he asked Calpurnia to go with him to Helen Robinson's house. When Aunt Alexandra asked Atticus what was going on, he told us that Tom Robinson had been shot and killed. Apparently, he'd tried to escape prison, and he would have if not for his crippled arm; he was running that fast. He was shot seventeen times which was, in my opinion, too much. It was sad moment, but we knew we had to go back to the Missionary Society with our heads held high.

No comments:

Post a Comment